Tuna noodle casserole is not something that I make often. But when Kettle Brand potato chips asked me to create a recipe using their chips, I couldn’t get this idea out of my head.
Tuna casserole has long been topped with crushed chips, but Kettle Brand (#TheRealKettleChips) takes this to a whole new level. These are not your average chips. And this is not your average Tuna Noodle Casserole either.
I used Kettle Brand Salt and Pepper chips to top creamy noodles and tuna. I also used red and green bell peppers, celery and onion to add flavor and color to the casserole. And everything gets folded into a homemade sauce. I love that this casserole is better for you than the classic version. No cream soups and also Kettle Brand Chips are better for you than other chips too. Kettle Brand uses only real, all-natural ingredients and is the first potato chip to be verified by the NonGMO Project.
It makes for a delicious casserole that even my skeptical family liked. Not a morsel was left uneaten.
And the chips are amazing on their own too. The Salt and Pepper variety are crunchy, crispy with just enough salt and pepper to make them taste fantastic. We could have eaten and eaten them. They’re definitely on our new favorite list for snack foods. As a bonus, they’re all natural!
Here’s what you’ll need:
Not Your Mama’s Tuna Noodle Casserole
- 8 cups egg noodles
- 2 cans chunk light tuna in water 4.5oz each
- 1/2 small onion minced
- 1 red pepper diced
- 1/2 green pepper diced
- 1 stalk celery diced
- 4 Tbs. butter
- 4 Tbs. flour
- 3 cups milk warmed
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 - 2 cups crushed Kettle Brand Salt and Pepper Chips
- Cook noodles according to package directions.
- Drain tuna and set aside.
- Cook onion, green pepper, red pepper, celery in butter in a large skillet till veggies are tender.
- Whisk in flour, combining with butter. Cook for 1 minute.
- Whisk in milk until sauce is well combined. Cook over medium heat until sauce begins to thicken.
- Season sauce with salt and pepper.
- Combine cooked noodles, tuna and sauce.
- Pour into greased casserole dish.
- Top with crushed chips.
- Bake 350 for 20-25 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
Have you ever tried using Kettle Brand (@KettleChips) potato chips in a recipe?
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Kettle Brand. The opinions and text are all mine.