I hope the last few weeks have made you more familiar with your Instant Pot and the handy tool it can be in relieving dinnertime stress. You’ll find a page with links to the tips and recipes for several types of meat and proteins in the past several weeks and today it’s all about how to cook pork for the freezer in the Instant Pot pressure cooker.
If you’re wanting to get even more out of your Instapot, check out my 10 best Instant Pot Accessories pot too. Then head back here for all the tips on cooking pork for the freezer in your Instant Pot.
How to Cook Pork Roast in a Pressure Cooker
Here’s a quick video on cooking a pork loin roast in the Instant Pot, along with lots of ideas for how to use your cooked pork when you pull it out of the freezer
The Instant Pot or other pressure cooker makes a great way to cook pork for the freezer. I will say, it’s not going to be much faster than doing it in the oven, but it is more convenient.
I love that I can set up the Instant Pot right after bringing the meat home from the grocery and start it cooking. I let it switch to keep warm and then come back on my own time table to shred the meat and put it in the freezer.
For a pork roast or pork loin, add 2-4 cups of water to the instant pot along with the roast. Season the roast in any way you like. Simple salt and pepper is the most versatile, but you might also like dried herbs, paprika, crushed red pepper or other seasonings.
Set the pot for a cook time of 55-60 minutes. If the roast is frozen, add 5-10 minutes of cook time. It will take longer for the pot to reach pressure when cooking from frozen so you’ll also need to factor that in.
A Few Classics
- This Italian Herb Salted Pork Roast only takes a few minutes to prep and the results are fantastic!
- When cumin is involved, dinner is pretty much guaranteed to be tasty. This Cumin Pork Roast also calls for black beans so you get even more bang for your buck.
- My Pulled Pork recipe starts with cooked pork, some tasty spices and the crock pot for a fuss-free dinner that’s sure to please a crowd.
- Pulled Pork Stuffed Sweet Potatoes are a great way to use cooked pork for a quick and healthy dinner
Mexican Inspired Pork Dishes
- Easy Pork Carnitas only call for a handful of ingredients and the meat can be served in so many ways.
- This Mexican Pulled Pork is great on a baked potato for another quick and hearty dinner
- These Shredded Pork Tostadas would be tasty just like they are or served with a bowl full of fresh lettuce for a salad dinner too.
- Pulled Pork and Mexican Cole Slaw Tacos are always a classic when you’re in the mood for a Mexican meal
A Collection or Pork Sandwiches
- My Peach BBQ Pork Sliders are a twist on the usual slider with a flavorful combination of barbecue pork, peach salsa and apple cole slaw.
- These Pork and Gravy Sandwiches are a win for everyone. They’re quick and versatile and there’s gravy!
- Think of these Tamale Sandwiches as a sort of Mexican-inspired BBQ, on cornbread, and don’t forget the fork because you’ll want one.
- Root Beer BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches are a quick and tasty way to enjoy a BBQ pork sandwich
Some Tasty Pork Recipes from around the World
- Slow Cooker BBQ Tacos will make you wonder why you’ve never tried a Korean BBQ taco.
- Mediterranean Pork with Couscous is a comfort food dish that can be prepared in the Instant Pot but will taste more like it’s been cooking all day long.
- Brazilian Feijoada is one of those recipes that takes a little more time, but it is so very worth it!
- If it’s an Asian twist that you prefer on dinner, try this Thai Style Pork that pairs well served on a bed of Basmati rice
The more familiar you become with your Instant Pot, the more recipes you’ll find to tweak slightly and use some of the pork that you’ve cooked and frozen to cut down on dinnertime prep.
Let your imagination be your guide for these ideas, but I promise if you have the pork ready in the freezer, you’re just minutes away from having dinner on the table!