One of my favorite kind of recipes to create is pasta dishes. Coincidentally, I also love to eat pasta. This sauce has both Parmesan and Provolone cheeses along with fire roasted tomatoes. Ever since I tried fire roasted tomatoes a few months ago, they’ve been a staple in my pantry. They pack a bit more flavor than plain diced tomatoes.
The sauce may sound like it’s hard to make, but it comes together in about 15 minutes. Here’s what you’ll need:
We ate this over cheese ravioli. The kids all loved it. I served a green salad with it. The meal was every bit as good as one you could order in a nice restaurant, only it was faster and cheaper at home.
Fire Roasted Tomato Sauce with Two Cheeses
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced or crushed
- olive oil for sauteing
- 15 oz tomato sauce
- 15 oz fire roasted diced tomatoes lightly drained
- 1/4 tsp. fresh ground pepper
- 1 tsp. basil
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1/2 tsp. thyme
- 3 slices Provolone cheese diced or 1/2 cup shredded
- 1/4 cup Parmesan
- Saute the onion and garlic in the olive oil over medium heat.
- Stir in the other ingredients and simmer about 10 minutes or until the cheeses have melted.
- Serve over hot pasta.