Comfort food, warm and filling. This soup is all that. I copied the recipe out of a Frugal Gourmet cookbook many years ago. I’ve made a few changes to the original.
- 2 qts. chicken stock
- 1 medium yellow onion diced
- 4 Tbs. butter
- 4 Tbs. flour
- 4 cups unpeeled diced potatoes
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cups half & half
- 1 bag frozen corn
- 1 can cream corn
- salt and pepper
- Heat the chicken stock in a large stock pot.
- Saute the onion in butter. Stir in the flour to form a roux and cook it for just a minute.
- Add the roux to the broth along with the potatoes and bay leaf.
- Cook until the potatoes are fork tender.
- Remove the leaf and add the half &half and the corn.
- Simmer until hot and season with salt and pepper.