I have a new thing for black bottom desserts. Chocolate layers are just so scrumptious.
First, there was Black Bottom Peanut Butter Pie.
And now there’s this dessert with a layer of coconut cream filling over over a chocolate cream cheese layer.
It’s a variation of a popular dessert that goes by many names. That recipe is often made with chocolate pudding, but can also be made with lemon. Both are wonderful. I decided to change it up by putting the chocolate in the cream cheese layer and using coconut cream pudding.
Here’s what you’ll need:
This isn’t hard to make, but there are several different layers that need to be mixed up. It can be made a day ahead of time though, which is convenient.
Coconut Cream and Chocolate Dessert
- 3/4 cup butter melted
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 Tbs. milk
- 16 oz frozen whipped topping thawed and divided
- 2 - 3 oz coconut cream instant pudding mix
- 3 cups milk
- toasted coconut optional
- Make the crust by stirring butter, flour and pecans together.
- Press into 9x13 inch pan.
- Bake 12-15 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Cool completely.
- Stir powdered sugar and cocoa together until combined.
- Beat cream cheese with electric mixer.
- Gradually add powdered sugar and cocoa.
- Add 1 Tbs. milk. Mixture should be smooth and spreadable.
- Fold in 1 cup frozen whipped topping.
- Spread on cooled crust.
- Whisk together pudding mix and milk, whisking for several minutes until thickened.
- Refrigerate pudding for 5 minutes.
- Spread over chocolate layer.
- Spread remaining frozen whipped topping over pudding layer.
- Top with toasted coconut, if desired.
- Store in the fridge.
Carrie @ Bakeaholic Mama says
You just stole my heart with this dessert Tiffany! I have to make this soon, looks like something I would flip over.
HELLO YUM! I can’t wait to try it. Fabulous photos lady. 🙂
The Better Baker says
WOW! If this is half as good as it looks, it’s gotta be a real winner! MMMM!