This is a dangerous dessert for me to make. I love them! They are so buttery tasting that I have trouble stopping with one. Or two. Or more.
This is an adaptation of Pioneer Woman’s Apricot Oat Bars. However, I have a recipe exactly like hers that I printed off the internet sometime in the 90s. So I’m not sure where the recipe originated. I must thank whoever created it. These bars are fabulous and the cherry version is delicious too.
I don’t have an ingredient picture for you this time. I was in a hurry when I made these and didn’t take the time for an extra photo. The ingredients are all very common though. You probably have everything you need to make them, except the jam.
Cherry Oat Bars
- 1 1/2 cups quick oats
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 3/4 sticks butter softened
- 10-12 oz cherry preserves
- Put all ingredients except preserves in mixing bowl and mix until well combined.
- Press half of mixture into buttered square baking pan.
- Spread jam on top.
- Put remaining mixture on top of jam. Spread with your hands to cover jam and gently press flat.
- Bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes.
- Cool completely before serving. These really do taste better at room temperature.