Today I’ve got two recipes for you – BBQ Beef and Bean Pot Pie and Double Chocolate Pretzel Brownies.
Dinner + Dessert!
The best family times and conversations happen around the table, so why not keep everyone there longer by adding dessert too. I guarantee they’ll hang out in the kitchen when they smell these brownies baking.
These recipes couldn’t be easier. They use common pantry ingredients and Betty Crocker and Bisquick mixes. I love dinners that come together quick, but give us a chance to connect as a family.
One of our favorite things to do is play games after dinner. Brownies and games makes a plain weeknight a whole lot better.
Let’s get dinner on the table, starting with the BBQ Beef and Bean Pot Pie. Here’s what you’ll need to make this easy meal:
This is such a simple idea and we all loved it. There was nothing left in the pan!
BBQ Beef and Bean Pot Pie
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 can kidney beans
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 cup Bisquick Baking Mix
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- In a skillet, brown the onion and ground beef together until beef is cooked through.
- Drain the grease and rinse meat under hot water. Return to the skillet.
- Stir in kidney beans and barbecue sauce.
- Pour into greased 2 quart casserole dish.
- In a bowl, stir together the Bisquick, milk and egg until well combined.
- Pour batter over meat.
- Bake 400 degrees, uncovered for 30 minutes.
Now for the Double Chocolate Pretzel Brownies! This is a good way to use up the broken pretzel pieces in the bottom of the bag. But don’t feel bad to break a few pretzels on purpose. It’s all for a good cause!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 Betty Crocker Brownie Mix
- Oil, water and egg as listed on back of the box
- ½ cup broken pretzel pieces
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, stir brownie mix, oil, water and egg together as directed on back of the box.
- Stir pretzel pieces and chocolate chips into batter.
- Pour into greased pan or a foil lined pan and bake according to the directions on the box.
Of course, we couldn’t wait until they cooled to cut them! The pretzels added a great crunch and burst of salt that was so good with the chocolate.
You can find Bisquick on Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter. Find more easy meal ideas at Bisquick.com.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Betty Crocker via Burst Media. The opinions and text are all mine.
We are gluten free, would any box mix brownies work?
Yes, I think any brownie mix would work.