Recently I cooked up a batch of Slow Cooker Apple Butter. This is the easiest thing ever to do. You start with unsweetened apple sauce and add a lot of spices and some sugar. That cooks all day in the slow cooker making your house smell amazing!
The apple butter is great spread on English muffins, biscuits or toast. It’s also fantastic baked into muffins.
Here’s what you’ll need:
The ingredients are all very basic. You probably have most of them in your pantry right now. This is my favorite kind of recipe. It’s quick, basic and perfect for making when you need a treat to go with your coffee or you want to bake something special for breakfast. I used the homemade apple butter, but you could use store bought.
Apple Butter Muffins
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tbs. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup apple butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- Heat the oven to 425 degrees and grease the muffin tin.
- Stir flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt together in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, melt butter in microwave.
- With a fork, stir apple butter, milk and egg into melted butter until well combined.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and stir with a spoon just until moistened. The batter will be lumpy.
- Pour into 12 muffin cups and bake for 15 minutes.