I’m so sorry to put strawberries and garlic together. That does not sound good! But due to all the site problems I had last week, this post missed schedule and I wanted to share it. And I hadn’t gotten a chance to share highlights from the garlic Ingredient Spotlight either. So today, you get links from both! And next week we’ll be back with a spotlight on yogurt/sour cream.
When I was young, Mom used to take us to a pick-your-own strawberry farm. We would pile onto a flat-bed wagon that was pulled by a tractor out into the strawberry fields to fill baskets of berries. I’m pretty sure I wasn’t as much help picking as I should have been. But I remember the hot, grassy sweet smell of those strawberry fields. Someone should bottle that scent.
There were so many great recipes for strawberries shared on Ingredient Spotlight this week. There’s still time to link yours up, if you haven’t already. Here are a few that caught my eye:
- Strawberry Chocolate Chip Scones from Once a Month Mom would be great for brunch.
- Strawberry Stuffed French Toast from Hoosier Homemade sounds incredible too.
- Strawberry Topped Mini Ice Cream Pies from Cookin’ Mimi are sweet.
- Strawberries and Cream Bruschetta from Crumbs and Chaos is a nice twist on the original.
- Strawberry Shortbread Trifle from Flour Me With Love looks easy and pretty too.
- Chocolate Strawberry Ice Cream Torte Sundae from Grandma Loy’s Kitchen would make a great dessert on a hot day.
This Summer Bowtie Pasta Salad from Vanderbilt Wife looks fabulous.
Death by Garlic?! Yes, please! – from For the Love of Grub
Roasted Lemon Garlic Carrots from Architecture of a Mom is a great way to add variety to your veggies.
Crockpot Red Beans and Rice from The Hill Hangout sounds right up our alley.
Garlic Tequila Fajitas from Mom’s Test Kitchen would be popular in this house.
Grilled Thai Chicken from Pocket Change Gourmet is a nice change of pace.
Confetti Chicken Pasta from Newlyweds Blog is colorful.