A friend gave me this recipe years ago. I make it every once in a while and we like it. The only reason I haven’t shared it with you before is that it isn’t very photogenic. Some of my past attempts to photograph it have been dismal.
One reason I like this dish is that it can be cooked on the stove top or in the oven. I’ve never tried it, but I bet it would work in the slow cooker too.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 cans pork & beans
- 1 can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 Tbs. mustard
- 2 Tbs. vinegar
- 4 Tbs. brown sugar
- Brown hamburger and onion together in a skillet. Drain and rinse under hot water to remove extra grease.
- Return meat to skillet and stir in all other ingredients.
- Heat on stove top till hot or bake at 350 for 30-45 minutes.
- If you want to try the slow cooker method, cook on low for 3-5 hours.