This was one of our favorite of the freezer meals I made. It’s very flavorful and cheesy. Assembling the pizzas before baking was quick and easy. I’ll be making this one again. In fact, it might go on vacation with us this summer.
Here’s what you’ll need:
Serves: 1 pizza
- 12 oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts or tenders
- ¼ cup green onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbs. vinegar
- 2 Tbs. soy sauce
- 2 Tbs. vegetable oil + 1 Tbs. for cooking chicken
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 1 Tbs. water
- 1 Tbs. cornstarch
- 1 pizza crust
- ½ cup grated Monterey Jack cheese
- ½ cup grated Mozzarella cheese
- Cut the chicken into bite size pieces.
- In a bowl, combine the onions, garlic, vinegar, soy sauce, 2 Tbs. of the oil, and the cayenne and black peppers.
- Add the chicken, stirring to combine.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat the remaining Tbs. of oil in a skillet.
- Drain the chicken and reserve the marinade.
- Add the chicken to the skillet and cook until done, stirring often.
- Add the cornstarch and Tbs. of water to the marinade.
- Pour the marinade mixture into the skillet with the chicken.
- Cook until thickened and bubbly.
- Cool and then freeze in a ziploc bag.
- Combine the cheeses in another ziploc bag and store in the fridge.
- Label with these instructions, “Thaw chicken mixture in the fridge. Spread chicken mixture on the pizza crust. Cover with the cheeses. Bake at 400 degrees for 12-14 minutes.”
I doubled this recipe and we had enough for lunch the next day. Good stuff!