Another quick and tasty crockpot meal! This one comes from here.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 2 lbs. of chicken (I used chicken tenders because they were on sale. I did not use the whole bag)
- small onion, sliced
- red pepper, sliced
- green pepper, sliced
- 20 oz can pineapple
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ¼ tsp. ground ginger
- 2 Tbs. cornstarch
- ¼ cup cider vinegar
- ¼ cup water
- 1 Tbs. soy sauce
- ½ tsp. salt
- Put the chicken, onion and peppers in the crockpot. I added my chicken frozen.
- Drain the can of pineapple. Set the pineapple chunks aside for later.
- Mix the juice with the rest of the ingredients and pour over the chicken.
- Cook on low for 7-9 hours or high for about 4-5 hours.
- A bit before serving add the pineapple chunks.
- Serve over rice.
We all really liked this. I will make this one again!