Sticky Coconut Chicken

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

When I saw this recipe on Good Stuff Maynard, I knew it would be perfect for our Christmas dinner. I like to make something other than traditional ham or turkey because we eat those meals at extended family celebrations.

This chicken was a hit and luckily it was nice enough to grill out on Christmas day.

Gather up your ingredients:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

6-8 boneless chicken thighs or breasts (I used tenders)
1 cup canned coconut milk
1 Tbs. minced fresh ginger
1 tsp. black pepper
1 tsp. red pepper flakes

Mix these ingredients together and marinate the chicken for at least an hour. I let mine marinate several hours. Grill the chicken.

Glaze:
3/4 cup rice vinegar
1/2 cup sugar
3 Tbs. soy sauce
1 tsp. red pepper flakes

While the chicken is grilling, bring these ingredients to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook 8-10 minutes until it reduces and starts to thicken. (Mine didn’t really thicken but it worked anyway) Glaze the chicken with the sauce during the last few minutes of grilling.

I took the suggestion on Good Stuff Maynard and used the rest of the coconut milk as part of the liquid in the rice. Very yummy!

Comments

1. Mommy's Kitchen says:

That looks so good. I love cooking with coconut milk. I cant wait to try this recipe out.

2. The Blonde Duck says:

That looks really tasty! Yum!

3. Coffee with Cathy says:

What a great idea for a cooking blog! Thanks for this can’t-wait-to-try-it chicken recipe — I’m putting it at the top of the grill list.

4. YAY! I’m soooo glad you liked it! Thanks so much for letting me know. I cannot WAIT to make that braid. I was even telling my husband about it today! ;)

5. Nicole O'Dell says:

Holy cow, your blog is bad for my diet! :)

Everything looks so good! YUMMY!

Thanks for stopping by my blog today.

6. Sandy Toes says:

How yummy! What a great blog..that cranberry thingy below looks wonderful!
    -sandy toes

7. Yum! I love chicken, but it often ends up dry when I cook it. I’ll bet this is nice and juicy.

Adding this to our list of new dishes to try…

Happy New Year!

Bev

8. Yummy! I will have to try it!

9. This sounds so incredibly yummy! I am definitely going to put it into my dinner menu this week. Thanks!

10. That looks good! I love new ways to cook chicken!

11. Malar Gandhi says:

Recipe sounds perfect for me…coconut, chili flakes, soy….makes a good combo! Good one, nice snap too.

12. Dee from Downunder says:

OH! thats sounds delicious!Thanks for popping by again

13. That looks yummo! Thanks for stopping my my blog today!

14. kaswanson says:

Just made this for dinner tonight. I couldn’t get the sauce to thicken either, so I sprinkled in a little corn starch and ran a whisk through it for about 30 seconds. Worked like a charm! Yummy sauce! We also put the chicken on skewers and cooked it on the George Forman. Yum!

1. Menu – 1 » Food Baby Files says: