This dish is Thanksgiving in a casserole. It’s one of our favorite casseroles. If I have cooked chicken in the freezer, I can make this really fast. Pair it up with baked sweet potatoes and cranberry sauce if you really want it to taste like Thanksgiving.
Here’s what you’ll need:
As you can see from this picture, I’m a huge fan of store brands, specifically Walmart where I do most of my shopping. I’ll confess more about this in a future post about chocolate chips.
- 3 cups cooked chicken, chopped
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 1/3 cups milk
- 1 box cornbread stuffing mix
- 3 Tbs. butter
- 1 can chicken broth
- Put the chicken in the bottom of a baking dish (13×9 or nearly that size).
- In a large bowl, melt the butter in the microwave.
- Add the chicken broth and stir in the stuffing mix. Set aside.
- Mix the milk and cream soup together in a separate bowl.
- Pour the milk/soup mixture over the chicken.
- Top with the stuffing mix.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes to one hour. I think it’s best baked uncovered, but my kids revolt if it gets too brown so I usually cover it for most of the time and then let it brown up near the end of cooking.