We’re no stranger to crescent rolls here at Eat at Home. They are so convenient to have on hand, and so versatile! There were some great recipes linked up at the last Ingredient Spotlight: Canned Biscuits, Crescent Rolls etc. Here is another you can add to your arsenal of quick and easy things to do with canned crescent rolls. And I’ve got one more to share with you next week.
Today’s recipe is a spin off of Tiffany’s Chocolate Croissants. I’m calling them Turtle Crescents!
They could be made to look a lot prettier with caramel instead of caramel sauce, and maybe a chocolate drizzle over the top too. The inside however…will keep you coming back for more! That melted chocolate-y goodness, topped with the sweet caramel and crunchy nuts..pretty tasty. The best part is, they can be made quick, fast and in a hurry!
- 1 can of crescent rolls
- 1 T. softened butter*
- 1-2 Pears thinly sliced
- 2 T. brown sugar
- cinnamon sugar
- cream cheese icing optional
- chopped walnuts optional
- *I used Smart Balance in the tub
- Lightly spray a baking pan with cooking spray.
- Preheat oven to temperature on crescent rolls.
- Unroll crescent roll dough onto prepared pan, sealing perforations.
- Spread butter over dough.
- In a bowl, add pear slices and pour cinnamon sugar over them. Toss to coat.
- Spread pear slices evenly over dough.
- Sprinkle brown sugar over pears.
- Bake in oven until crescent dough is cooked through. (I followed baking time on can)
- Once done, drizzle with icing & sprinkle with nuts if desired.