I whipped these muffins up one night to snack on during family game night. We were playing spoons, which usually leads to ice cream for some reason. Then the next morning we have no spoons to stir coffee or eat cereal because they’re all dirty from the game playing, ice cream eating fun the night before.
But on this night, I decided chocolate chip muffins would make a fine snack. I love baking muffins, because it’s so fast and there’s an infinite variety of flavors. Needless to say, these were a hit.
I have some big plans for taking these muffins to a new level that involve cream cheese and chocolate ganache. I’m waiting for a day when I can bake in the afternoon so the photos have some daylight. We’ve had so much rain lately, I may have to settle for a dark day.
Back to the muffin recipe. Here’s what you’ll need. I didn’t grab a photo of the ingredients, but they’re all common items.
Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 Tbs. baking powder
- 1 stick butter softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- Stir the flour, salt and baking powder in a large bowl.
- With an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar.
- Add the eggs, vanilla and milk and mix until well blended.
- Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients with a spoon. Stir gently, just until combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Fill greased muffin pan with the batter and bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
Do you have a favorite muffin flavor? What kind do you like?