This is a tasty, quick, flavorful dish.
Whole grain penne pasta comes together with onions, garlic, zucchini and mushrooms. Sun-dried tomatoes and crushed red pepper flakes give it a big flavor punch!
You know how I love a quick meal and this one is no exception, even though it takes a bit longer than 15 minutes total. And it’s got just a bit of zing from the crushed red pepper flakes (but if you don’t like spicy, feel free to leave them out entirely).
And if there are any leftovers, this makes a very tasty lunch!
Penne with Zucchini, Mushrooms and Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- 16 oz whole grain penne pasta
- 1 red onion chopped
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- 4 zucchini chopped
- 8 0z baby bella mushrooms sliced
- 1 8.5 oz jar sun-dried tomatoes in oil
- ½-1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions
- In a large skillet, cook the onion and garlic until the onion is soft. Add a bit of water if it sticks.
- Add the zucchini, mushrooms, sun dried tomatoes and crushed red pepper flakes to the skillet.
- Cook until the zucchini is tender crisp.
- Drain the pasta and put it back in the cooking pot.
- Combine the vegetables with the pasta and serve.