Back to school time is here and with it, lunch packing duty. It can be hard to strike a balance between having variety in the lunch box and sticking with ingredients that you have on hand.
This recipe does just that by using common ingredients that are packed with fall flavor. Peanut butter, cream cheese, apple, cinnamon and pecans make a great combo!
Feel free to substitute too. Use almond butter or sunflower seed butter instead of peanut butter. Use a different type of nut. Try it with pears instead of apples.
Here’s what you’ll need to make the sandwiches:
Peanut Butter, Apple, Pecan Sandwiches
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 Tbs. chopped pecans
- 1/2 small apple peeled and diced
- 4 slices Nature's Own bread
- Stir peanut butter and cream cheese together.
- Add honey, cinnamon, pecans and apples. Stir to combine.
- Spread on bread to make two sandwiches.
Nature’s Own Bread is kicking off back to school with a #LunchBoxCreations contest. You can enter by submitting your photo or video to http://lunchboxcreationssweeps.com . Four winners will be chosen and each will win a $250 grocery store gift card!
- How to Enter
- Visit http://lunchboxcreationssweeps.com and submit a photo or video of your favorite sandwich creation using Nature’s Own bread, and submit the entry, as directed, between 12:00 AM ET on 8/17/15 and 11:59 PM ET on09/15/15.
- Any entries submitted after September 15th, at 11:59 PM ET will be ineligible.
- Entrants can either submit a link of their video or photo from Vine, Instagram, or YouTube, or can upload their own photo as directed on the sweepstakes form.
- A photo submission counts as one (1) entry.
- A video submission counts as five (5) entries.
- Only one submission per person per sweepstakes.
For inspiration – and to show that anyone can make a video! – here’s the video I made with my youngest daughter, Mia. We were doing a “dry run” of a school morning. We homeschool, but she goes to a cottage school three days a week and packs her own lunch on those days. She’s a great lunch packer and consistently has the most variety of anyone in the family.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Nature’s Own. The opinions and text are all mine.