This is one of those recipes that you’ve probably seen before. It goes by different names – Holy Cow Cake, Butterfinger Cake etc. Most of the recipes I’ve seen use sweetened condensed milk.
I like to bump up the yum, by using a jar of hot fudge and a jar of caramel topping.
I made this for my 14 year old son’s birthday a few weeks ago. He likes to ask for labor-intensive cakes, but had somehow weasled two birthday cakes out of me this year. So, instead of making the Cannoli Cake he asked for, I made this.
He was happy, because how can you not be happy with chocolate cake infused with caramel and hot fudge? And I was happy because it’s super simple to make.
Here’s what you’ll need:
In addition to the ingredients in the photo, you’ll also need eggs and oil called for on the back of the cake mix package.
Hot Fudge and Caramel Chocolate Poke Cake
- 1 Devil's Food cake mix + ingredients to make cake
- 10 oz jar hot fudge topping
- 10 oz jar caramel topping
- 8 oz frozen whipped topping thawed
- 1/2 cup toffee chips optional
- Bake cake according to package directions in a 9x13 pan.
- While the cake is still hot, poke holes in it with a chopstick or skewer. Make a lot of holes.
- Warm the hot fudge and caramel sauces in the microwave until they will pour easily (warming is more important for the fudge than the caramel).
- Pour the sauces over the cake, using a spoon to evenly spread the toppings.
- Cool cake completely.
- Frost with frozen whipped topping.
- Sprinkle with toffee chips.
- Store in fridge.