I’ve been looking for a great chocolate ice cream recipe for quite a while. I’ve tried several recipes and made up several, but I finally discovered a perfectly chocolatey, smooth ice cream. It’s easy and has only three ingredients.
Here’s what you’ll need to make one Cuisinart counter-top freezer full. If you are making the ice cream in a traditional freezer that uses salt and ice, you’ll need to double this recipe and you can probably add even more half & half. Experiment to see what works (and then let me know too!).
Homemade Chocolate Ice Cream
- 2 cups half & half
- 2 packets of Nestle Choco Bake sold near the cocoa powder, it comes with 8 packets per box
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- First stir the sweetened condensed milk and the pre-melted chocolate together.
- Stir in the 1/2 and 1/2.
- Freeze according to your freezer’s directions.
- I like to transfer the ice cream into another container and place it in a regular freezer or deep freeze so that it scoops out like hard ice cream.
Now that I have this chocolate base, the possibilities are endless for ice cream flavors. And just in case you missed them the first time, I also have Coconut Macadamia Ice Cream and Dulce de Leche Ice Cream.