These fruit cups are part of our Christmas breakfast. They’re great because you can make them ahead of time and the recipe makes a lot.
Gather up your ingredients:
Frozen Fruit Cups
Servings: 12 -15 servings
- 1 can 12 oz frozen pineapple juice concentrate, thawed
- orange juice 2 juice cans full
- water 1 juice can full
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 medium firm bananas sliced
- 16 oz frozen sliced, sweetened strawberries
- 1 can 15 oz mandarin oranges
- 1 can 20 oz crushed pineapple
- clear plastic cups
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Ladle into the cups and freeze. I place all the cups on a cookie sheet to keep them upright in the freezer.
- To serve, set them out of the freezer for 40-50 minutes or defrost them a bit in the microwave. Feel free to substitute ingredients as you like.
Those look delicious! Thanks for stopping by!
Noah's Mommy says
super yummy…I’m so excited…Pooh will loves these for all the time….
This is a great blog. The fruit cups look like a great snack for my kids.
Thanks for visiting my blog.
This will make a wonderful treat for my children. They love fruit, and this is one they can make. I will add this to next week’s menu.
Sha Fin says
Found this before Xmas this year. We are a small family (2 people) and I like to think about food more than cook so much, but we had a great Xmas brunch based on your post.
I made a breakfast casserole in the toaster oven — used Eggbeaters, herbs, stale bread chunks, green onions, cheese. And for the fruit cups, just froze two of the Dole fruit cups from the grocery store and turned out into sauce dishes for breakfast to start to thaw, since cups are too full to eat from at the table. Totally yummy.
It was the most relaxed Xmas bkfst we’ve ever had. Good protein and yummy fruit.
We accompanied it with Trader Joe’s Bubbly Mandarin Orange drink.
Thanks so much for sharing this! I love your breakfast ideas. It sounds wonderful!