Chocolate Crinkle Cookies are one of my favorite Christmas treats. This year, I had the idea to roll them in finely crushed candy canes, along with the powdered sugar.
The result is a deeply chocolate cookie with just the perfect hint of peppermint. Small flecks of red candy cane make them pretty on the cookie plate.
I have quite a few Pampered Chef products already, but I was happy to try some new ones out. The adjustable measuring spoons are fantastic. I didn’t know if I would like them or not, but they’ve already become a favorite. The cookie scoops are fantastic too.
And one thing really surprised me – the cookie sheet. I’ve always baked my cookies on a baking stone. That works great, but this time I used the cookie sheet, lined with parchment paper. The cookies turned out perfectly. No sticking. No burning. Just sweet perfection. I’ll definitely be doing that again.
Below, you can see the assembly process for these cookies. I didn’t roll the dough into balls, but just scooped it into the candy cane powdered sugar and rolled it around. It made the process much quicker and easier than rolling all those balls.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Candy Cane Chocolate Crinkle Cookies.
Candy Cane Chocolate Crinkle Cookies and a Pampered Chef Giveaway
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 oz. unsweetened baking chocolate
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 - 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 finely crushed candy canes
- Melt chocolate in microwave. Stir in the oil.
- In a mixer bowl, mix chocolate and oil mixture with sugar.
- Mix in eggs till well blended.
- Add other ingredients (except powdered sugar and candy canes) and mix till well blended.
- Refrigerate for several hours.
- Stir powdered sugar and crushed candy canes together in small bowl.
- Use small Pampered Chef cookie scoop or teaspoons to drop dough into powdered sugar mixture, one at a time.
- Roll each one to cover in powdered sugar.
- Bake on greased cookie sheet or parchment paper covered cookie sheet at 350 degrees for 9 minutes.
Candy Can Chocolate Crinkle CookiesDon’t these cookies look pretty on the Pampered Chef Shimmering Glass Platter?
Disclosure: I was provided with Pampered Chef products, as well as a stipend for my time. All opinions are my own.
This post is linked to Finding Joy in My Kitchen: Ingredient Spotlight Chocolate