Some of you wonderful readers recently introduced me to the blog, Picky Palate. The first post I saw there was Peanut Butter and Jelly Skillet Monkey Bread. Heavens to Murgatroyd! That looks delish! And you know how I love peanut butter.
But as I read the recipe, the words “jelly of your choice” caught my attention and all I could think of was apple jelly. Which pairs perfectly with cinnamon and brown sugar. So I took the original recipe and did a bit of tweaking to come up with this:
Here’s what you’ll need:
Apple Cinnamon Skillet Monkey Bread
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tube refrigerated biscuits
- 1/2 cup apple jelly
- Melt the butter in a small bowl.
- Stir the brown sugar and cinnamon together.
- Cut the biscuits into 4 pieces each.
- Pour the melted butter in a gallon size zip top bag.
- Add the biscuit pieces and gently squish to coat them with butter.
- Pour in the brown sugar and flip the bag to coat the pieces of biscuit with the sugar.
- Spray a 9″ or 10″ iron skillet with cooking spray.
- Dump the biscuit pieces into the skillet and arrange in a single layer.
- Warm the apple jelly, till it thins. Pour over the top of the biscuits.
- Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes.
Devour with a glass of milk.
They scraped the pan clean!
I still want to try Picky Palate’s Peanut Butter version. I also thought about making it with peach preserves. Mmmm…
What kind of flavor would you make?