Welcome to new contributing writer, Angie from Big Bear’s Wife! I got to meet Angie in person at the Food Blog Forum conference in Disney World, where we chatted over Monsters Inc. cupcakes. I’m excited to have Angie sharing recipes with us here. And these Chocolate Dipped Banana Pudding Pops look right up my alley!
These Chocolate Dipped Banana Pudding Pops have become one of my recent “go-to” snacks and they’re so easy to make. I’ve always been a fan of popsicles. I remember having the molds as a kid and making popsicles with anything I could get my hands on.
Kool-aid pops, fruit juice pops and pudding pops where stuffed into every section of our freezer. Banana pops were one of my favorite flavors growing up! Do you remember those? The banana pops with the two sticks that broke apart in the middle. I think they were made like that so that you could share, but I’m not sure if I ever wanted to share my banana pops. They where the “King” of all popsicles in my eyes.
I love banana pudding and the combination of chocolate and banana is just the perfect match, so it was only a matter of time before I combined them together into this frozen treat! These come together in a flash with the longest part of the whole process being the wait for them to come out of the freezer. Plus, you only need 4 ingredients to make these beauties happen: Banana Pudding Mix, Milk, Chocolate Magic Shell and Crushed Vanilla Wafers.
The banana pudding freezes but still remains pretty creamy, the chocolate shell hardens in seconds and the crushed vanilla wafers add the perfect “banana pudding touch”! Where I’m from, banana pudding isn’t banana pudding without vanilla wafers!
- 1 large box banana creme pudding mix
- 3 cups cold milk
- 1 cup chocolate magic shell
- 10 vanilla wafers, crushed
- Popsicle Molds
- In a large bowl, mix together the pudding mix and cold milk. Whisk the pudding mix for about 5 minutes, until it starts to thicken.
- Carefully pour the banana pudding into the popsicle molds and insert popsicle sticks.
- Place into the freezer for 3-4 hours or until frozen)
- Once frozen, remove pops from freezer.
- Working one at a time, carefully run the mold under warm water to loosen the pop. Remove the pop from the mold.
- Dip the pudding pop into the chocolate magic shell.
- Immediately sprinkle with crushed vanilla wafers.
- Repeat until all pops are complete.
Looking for more recipe packed with banana flavor? Check out Ingredient Spotlight : Bananas (2012)
Angie is a contributing writer for Eat at Home. She lives in VA with her husband (BigBear) and their 4 dogs (who might as well be their children)! She blogs over at BigBearsWife.com about her favorite recipes, love of travel and she even throws in a few crafts here and there.You can also find her on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.