This cake doesn’t look like anything special. But if you like lemon, you will love it.
It’s one of my very favorite desserts. My mom has made it for years and I can’t believe I haven’t shared the recipe with you yet.
It starts with a lemon cake mix. Add a package of lemon pudding mix. And after it’s baked, drench it with lemonade.
The result is moist, sticky, lemon-packed scrumptiousness!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Lemon cake mix
- Lemon pudding mix, 3 oz box
- 1 stick butter, melted
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/3 cups milk
- 6 oz frozen lemonade, thawed
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- In a mixer bowl, blend cake mix, pudding mix, butter, eggs and milk till well blended.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Stir thawed lemonade and powdered sugar together until smooth.
- Pour over the baked cake, before removing the cake from the pan and while the cake is still hot. Gently pull cake from edges of the pan so that the lemonade can run down between the cake and pan.
- Allow cake to cool in the pan for an hour before turning out onto a plate.
- Cool completely before serving.
If you can't find a 6 oz can of frozen lemonade, use half of a 12 oz can.