Need some chocolate today?
These remind me so much of a certain candy bar, but I can’t put my finger on which one. They are sweet, chocolatey and chewy. All 6 kids who were in the house when I made them gave them a thumbs up.
This is not the normal marshmallow type of rice krispie treat. I decided to use my mother-in-law’s recipe for peanut butter rice krispie treats, but substituted Nutella for the peanut butter. It’s an easy recipe and it’s also nice if you don’t happen to have a bag of marshmallows in the pantry.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 1 cup Nutella
- 6 cups crisped rice cereal
- Put sugar and corn syrup in a heavy sauce pan.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in Nutella.
- Stir in cereal.
- Spread in greased 9x9 inch pan.
- Cool on counter before serving.