Does it bother anyone else that the muffin on top is on its side? What bothers me most is that I knew that while taking the picture, but I didn’t fix it. I think I was too concerned about trying to manual focus my camera. The auto focus isn’t working right, so it had to go into the shop. I miss it already.
Back to the Cheddar Muffins. This recipe is from Country Living Country Mornings Cookbook. Muffins are such a perfect food. So quick, but all that good home-baked taste.
Gather up your ingredients:
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1 Tbs. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- pinch of ground red pepper
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat the oven to 425 degrees. Grease 12 muffin cups.
- In a large bowl, with a fork, combine the dry ingredients.
- Melt the butter and cool it slightly.
- Stir in the milk, then beat in the egg.
- Stir the liquid into the dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Stir in 1 cup of cheese.
- Divide the batter into the muffin pans.
- Bake for 15-20 min.