I’ve always been in love with caramel apples. They were a special treat from the fair, we made them at home and I loved to dip apple slices into caramel sauce. Slow Cooker Caramel Apple Crisp is one of those caramel apple treats that we love!
The crisp of the apples with the sweetness of the caramel is just so, so good. While I loved caramel apples as a child, it was later in life when I discovered my love of apple crisps. Since I love them both, why not combine those two things together!?
I’ve been using my slow cooker a lot, I finally got a new one and I think that’s why I’ve been trying to make everything in it lately. This is a take on my regular “oven” apple crisp but I’ve added sweet caramel to it and cooked it all in the slow cooker so that dessert can cook but I can still have the oven for dinner.
This slow cooker Caramel Apple Crisp takes about 2 hours to cook. The longest part of the prep time is chopping the apples into wedges and peeling the skins from them.
Slow Cooker Caramel Apple Crisp
- 6 golden delicious apples
- 2 boxes yellow cake mix
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cinnamon powder
- 1 stick butter melted
- 1/4 cup caramel sauce
- Ice Cream optional
- Slice and peel the apples.
- In a large bowl, combine the yellow cake mix, sugar and cinnamon powder.
- Add in the melted butter and stir to combine and crumbly.
- Pour apples into bowl of slow cooker.
- Set slow cooker to high.
- Pour the caramel sauce over the apples.
- Pour dry ingredients over the apples and caramel. Spread it out with a spoon so that the entire surface is covered.
- Cover and cook on high for 2 hours. After 2 hours, set the slow cooker to low and remove the lid. Let sit for 30 minutes without the lid so that the top of the crisp can harden.
- Serve with Vanilla Ice Cream and Caramel Drizzle.
We love to serve this warm with vanilla ice cream and we drizzle extra caramel over the top for a sweet treat!
Angie is a contributing writer for Eat at Home. She lives in VA with her husband (BigBear) and their 4 dogs (who might as well be their children)! She blogs over at BigBearsWife.com about her favorite recipes, love of travel and she even throws in a few crafts here and there.You can also find her on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.