This is the first time I’ve ever made dessert in the slow cooker. We had a busy night with a soccer game for one child and practice for another child, so dinner was leftover ham sandwiches. But I did take a few minutes to throw this into the slow cooker.
Warm, cinnamony peach crisp made the quick supper seem special. The best part is, the ingredients are simple pantry staples.
Peach Crisp in the Slow Cooker
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter softened + extra to butter crock
- 2 large 20 oz cans peaches, drained well
- Butter the inside of the crock or spray with cooking spray.
- Stir together brown sugar, oats, flour and cinnamon.
- Cut the butter into the dry ingredients with a pastry blender or fork until the mixture is crumbly.
- Put the drained peaches in the crock and stir 1/2 the crumbs into the fruit.
- Top with the rest of the crumbs.
- Cook on low 3-4 hours.
- If you want to really crisp it up, pop the crock under the broiler for a minute before serving. We skipped that step and it was still delicious and a little bit crispy around the edges.
Do you use your slow cooker for dessert?
I’m showing this off at Balancing Beauty and Bedlam.