One of my book club friends told me about this recipe, only she called it a salad. My kids said it was the best salad they’d ever eaten. I didn’t have the actual recipe, but I changed a few things from the way my friend described it. She said she used buttermilk with vanilla pudding. I decided to use cheesecake pudding instead. I also wasn’t sure how the salad was put together in the original recipe. I decided to layer mine.
The ingredients are simple. Next time I’ll buy name brand fudge-stripe cookies. The generic version were okay, but I think the real deal would be better.
Here’s what you’ll need:
Mandarin Cheesecake Dessert (or “Salad” if you’re Southern)
- 2 boxes cheesecake instant pudding and pie filling + milk to make pudding
- 1 can mandarin oranges drained well
- 1 pack fudge stripe cookies you won't need the whole pack
- Make the pudding according to the package directions.
- After pudding sets up in refrigerator, assemble in a round or square pan.
- Place layer of cookies on bottom. Add half of pudding. Top with oranges. Repeat layers.
Diana G. says
I had a similar ‘salad’ at a party – incredibly easy and delicious. Bananas, pineapple chunks (save juice), canned mandarin oranges (drained), sugar-free vanilla pudding (1 box) mixed with pineapple juice to the consistency of syrup. Mix and serve You can increase the fruit mixture to your liking and add more pudding mix/juice as needed. It’s wonderful!
My friend makes that and she calls it Keebler Salad and she uses buttermilk too. So good!
Would it work well with homemade choc chip cookies?
Sam Bellaccomo says
Small or large boxes of pudding?