I have made a lot of homemade ice cream. But this one just may be my favorite flavor of all. It combines my two favorite foods – ice cream and peanut butter – so it’s no wonder that I love it. My family loved it too.
You’re going to want to try this. It has just 5 ingredients and is so simple to make.
I really wanted to make peanut butter ice cream that had ribbons of peanut butter in it, like my favorite store bought flavor. I used the idea for Peanut Butter Magic Shell from Picky Palate and altered it for ice cream.
I didn’t end up with thick ribbons of peanut butter. It mixed in to the ice cream a bit more than that, but there were still thin ribbons and bits and pieces of peanut butter. This makes the taste more intense than just having the peanut butter smoothly incorporated with the other ingredients. I really like the way this method keeps the peanut butter mostly separate from the vanilla ice cream.
Here’s what you’ll need:
Homemade Peanut Butter Ice Cream – (no cooking required)
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups half and half
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 Tbs. + 1 tsp. vegetable oil
- Stir sweetened condensed milk, half and half, and vanilla together in a bowl.
- Pour into bowl of ice cream maker and freeze according to the maker's instructions.
- In a separate bowl, stir peanut butter and vegetable oil together until smooth.
- During the last couple of minutes of freezer, slowly drizzle the peanut butter into the ice cream while still churning.
- Turn off machine. Pour ice cream into a container and place in a freezer for several hours or longer.