If you’re in the mood to bake, but don’t want to spend a lot of time doing it, it’s hard to beat muffins. They are quick to mix up and quick to bake.
They can be served as a snack, dessert, or breakfast. You can make up a bunch and freeze them. Add them to a lunch box or eat them as you run out the door in the morning.
Muffins are just about the perfect baked good!
These Cinnamon Streusel Muffins have crumbly cinnamon curving through the middles, with more covering the tops. And even though they really don’t need anything extra added, they are wonderful warm with butter spread on them.
Here’s what you’ll need to make them. It’s all pantry ingredients that you probably have in the kitchen right now. You don’t even need the little cupcake liners. Just be sure to give your muffin pan a good coating with cooking spray.
Easy Cinnamon Streusel Muffins
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1.5 tsp. cinnamon
- 1.5 Tbs. butter
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 Tbs. baking powder
- 1 stick butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- In small bowl, combine 1/3 cup flour, 1/3 cup brown sugar and 1.5 tsp. cinnamon.
- Add 1.5 Tbs. butter and crumble together with a fork or fingers to make fine crumbs.
- Set this streusel topping aside.
- Stir the flour, salt and baking powder in a large bowl.
- With an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar. Add the eggs, vanilla and milk and mix until well blended.
- Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients with a spoon. Stir gently, just until combined.
- Spoon some batter into the bottom of 12 greased muffin cups. You’ll use about half of the batter for this step.
- Generously sprinkle streusel onto each muffin. Use more than half for this. It will look like too much, but be generous with it.
- Dollop the remaining batter onto tops of muffins. It may not be enough to cover the streusel, but the batter will spread out when baking.
- Sprinkle remaining streusel on tops of each muffin.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.