Looking for an easy Christmas treat? If you like peppermint and chocolate together, you will love these.
The pink frosting and crushed candy canes makes the bars look pretty too. I love that, because I’m not the best at making pretty food.
These start with a cake mix and get topped with Duncan Hines Frosting Creations peppermint flavor. The cake part is the same as in my Tuxedo Bar recipe. Which is just Double Chocolate Bundt Cake baked in a sheet cake pan.
It’s one of my favorite recipes, because it’s so amazingly chocolate and it’s versatile too.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Double Chocolate Cake Bars with Peppermint Frosting:
Double Chocolate Cake Bars with Peppermint Frosting
- Devil’s food cake mix
- 1 pkg. instant chocolate pudding small box
- 3 Tbs. cocoa
- 1-3/4 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 bag chocolate chips
- Duncan Hines Frosting Creations peppermint flavor
- 2 crushed candy canes
- Combine all the ingredients (except the chocolate chips) in a mixer bowl. Mix until well combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Pour into a well-greased 10x15 inch pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool completely and frost.
- Top with candy canes.