This was almost the dinner that wasn’t. I had picked up the ingredients with the intention of making chicken Cordon Bleu for dinner – and then realized that I wouldn’t be home in enough time to do the prepping and cooking necessary. Slow cooker to the rescue!
These are obviously less fancy than “real” chicken Cordon Bleu, but the flavor profile is the same and using the slow cooker makes it immensely easier for a busy night – a win-win! We gobbled these sandwiches up.
Here’s what you’ll need:
Slow Cooker Chicken Cordon Bleu Sandwiches
- 2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 lb. deli ham diced
- 8 oz. Swiss cheese shredded
- 2 tsp. Herbes de Provence or a mixture of rosemary, thyme and oregano
- 1 1/2 cups honey mustard dressing divided
- Place the chicken on the bottom of the slow cooker. Top with ham and spices. Pour 1 cup of the dressing over. Cook on low for 6-7 hours or on high for 4-5.
- Remove chicken, shred and return to the slow cooker. Stir in shreded cheese and additional dressing. Cook for an additional 15 minutes. Serve on rolls.
P.S. One of our Weekly Meal Plan members share that she saves at least 2 hours each week by using the meal plans. She also saves a minimum of $60 each week on food! Find out how you can become a member by clicking here.
Kate is a home cook and new mom from New Jersey. In addition to sharing recipes with Eat at Home readers, she blogs her cooking adventures at Kate’s Recipe Box. When she’s not in the kitchen, you can find her reading or tending to her garden.