We’ve already covered the beauty of a dressed-up cake mix in last week’s Ingredient Spotlight. The recipe for this cake continues that theme.
I almost named it Apple Cider Donut Cake, because it reminds me of them. The cake is moist, with a whisper of apple flavor. It tastes wonderful with a glass of apple cider.
Apple Cider Cake
For the cake:
- 1 box white cake mix
- 3.4 oz. box instant vanilla pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup butter melted
- 1 cup apple cider
For the glaze:
- ¾ cup apple cider
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine all the ingredients for the cake.
- Blend until thoroughly mixed.
- Pour the batter into a well-greased Bundt pan.
- Bake at 350° for about 40 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove the cake from the oven.
- Stir together the apple cider and powdered sugar.
- Pour over the cake while it is hot and still in the pan.
- Allow the sweet cider to run down the edges of the pan and over the cake.
- Let it sit for about 30 minutes.
- Turn out onto a plate and cool completely.
I finished baking this cake after dark and planned to take it to a family gathering the next day. I snapped a couple photos of the whole cake, but I really wanted a photo of a slice. So I cut a small slice, intending to replace it so that nobody would know I’d been sneaking.
But it looked so good, I couldn’t help myself. Jim and I shared a skinny slice. Oh so good!
And now you know what kind of person I am.
Do you ever sneak cake? Or maybe your weakness is cookies or brownies or…
I’m showing this post off at:
Tasty Traditions at Coupon Cookin’