Calling all chocolate lovers! This recipe is for YOU! I am a huge chocolate fan, and so is my mom, so this past Mother’s Day I wanted to have something super chocolate-y just for us.
I succeeded. This was a chocolate lover’s dream. Ghiradelli Dark Chocolate Brownie mix (includes chocolate chips in the mix) – topped with semi-sweet chocolate chips, crushed Oreos, more chocolate chips…and a drizzle of caramel. BOOM! Death by Chocolate Brownie.
My mom was pretty happy. I even apologized to my siblings, for I knew it would make me the favorite child
- 1 box brownie mix (8x8 or 9x9 size) *plus ingredients called for on box
- 1 cup chocolate chips, divided
- 2 cups Oreo cookies, roughly chopped
- Caramel ice cream topping (optional)
- Prepare brownies according to package directions.
- Remove brownies from oven and let cool for 5-10 mins.
- While still warm, top with ½ cup chocolate chips.
- Sprinkle crushed Oreos on top and lightly press down.
- Sprinkle remaining ½ cup chocolate chips over Oreos.
- Drizzle with caramel topping (or melted white chocolate), if desired.
The heat from the brownies slightly melts the chocolate, which acts as the “glue” to hold the cookies in place. Allow brownies to cool completely before cutting. Enjoy! We sure did!
*Quick tip – I used the the mini Oreo cookies that come in a bag, so I just opened the bag to let out the air, resealed, and used a rolling pin to break up the cookies.
The great thing about this recipe is that the options are endless! I have so many varieties floating through my head now…like replacing the Oreos with Nutter Butter cookies; or replacing the chocolate chips with peanut butter chips; and I’m sure you all can think of lots more – be sure to let me know!
About KimM – I’m a chocolate loving mother of three. My blog, Makin’ it Mo’Betta is dedicated to my adventures in the kitchen as I deal with food allergies, diabetes, tween sass, with some fun giveaways and reviews thrown in the mix! Join me on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest too!