You are going to want to check in here on Friday, because that’s when I’m sharing the ultimate way to top this pound cake. Sorry to tease you like that, but it was truly scrumptious (not to be confused with the character in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang).
However, we managed to only eat half of this pound cake so I put the rest in the freezer for another time. And that had me thinking of other ways to top this versatile cake.
I’ll add the recipe for Pound Cake from a Mix at the end of the post. First, let’s get to some delicious toppings.
10 Ways to Top a Pound Cake
1. Berries – plain or sweetened, maybe with a little fresh mint
2. Whipped Cream – the homemade kind!
3. Pudding – any flavor is good. Try it warm and a bit thinner than normal (chocolate is my favorite).
4. Ice cream with hot fudge or butterscotch topping
5. Crushed pineapple mixed with a little brown sugar
6. Strawberries and Nutella
7. Bananas and caramel sauce
8. Peppermint ice cream and hot fudge
9. Peaches and whipped cream
10. Your turn! Tell me in a comment how you like to top plain pound cake!
Here’s what you’ll need to dress up your cake mix and make it a pound cake:
- 1 box white or yellow cake mix
- 1 box vanilla pudding mix
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- Mix all the ingredients together with an electric mixer until well blended.
- Pour into well greased bundt pan. I like to spray mine with Baker's Joy cooking spray that also has flour in it.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool on the counter still in the pan for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan and cool completely.
For a chocolate version, use devil's food cake mix and chocolate pudding mix.