These just might be the best cookies I’ve ever made, especially when they are warm out of the oven. Used wisely, they just might get you whatever you want They are a delicious adaptation of a cookie called My Man’s Cookies from the Vanguards Cookbook my sister-in-law gave me.
Here’s what you’ll need:
This makes a lot of cookies, which is a good thing. You can freeze them in ziplock bags if you don’t eat them all right away.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 cups quick oats
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 bag Heath toffee chips
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Cream the butter and sugars together in a mixer bowl.
- Beat in the eggs and vanilla. In a separate bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Gradually add to the wet ingredients.
- Add in the oats, Heath chips and chocolate chips mixing to combine between each ingredient.
- Drop on a greased cookie sheet (or baking stone) and bake at 325 degrees for about 14-15 minutes.