Mint chocolate chip is such a classic flavor and it’s easy to make at home. You’ll only need 4 ingredients and an ice cream freezer. Like my other ice cream recipes, this one requires no cooking.
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups half and half
- 1 tsp. peppermint extract
- about 1/2 cup chopped semi-sweet chocolate (I chopped up chocolate chips)
- Mix everything but the chocolate chips together and pour into your ice cream freezer.
- Freeze it according to the directions on your freezer.
- Add the chocolate a few minutes before it’s done cranking.
- Serve right away or place in freezer to harden.
This makes enough for 1 Cuisinart counter-top ice cream maker. I have a Cuisinart Automatic Frozen Yogurt – Ice Cream & Sorbet Maker. If you have a regular ice cream freezer that uses salt and ice, you can double this recipe.