If you like lemon and ice cream, you will love this! Homemade Lemon Ice Cream is based on my old no-cook ice cream recipe, with cream cheese added.
I bought the lemon curd a while back and stashed it in the pantry. Sometimes I buy inspiration ingredients. I don’t have a specific plan for them, so they just wait until a good recipe idea hits me. That was the case with this jar of lemon curd.
This ice cream is creamy, smooth and full of lemon flavor. It’s simple to make, since there’s no cooking involved and it only has five ingredients.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 2 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup lemon curd
- 2 cups half & half
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Whisk together cream cheese and a small amount of sweetened condensed milk till smooth.
- Whisk in lemon curd until smooth.
- Whisk in remaining sweetened condensed milk.
- Add half & half and vanilla.
- Continue whisking until smooth.
- Pour into ice cream maker and freeze according to maker's instructions.