I am a huge fan of anything peanut butter and jelly.
And I’m an even bigger fan of anything involving ice cream.
So this dessert was right up my alley. I guess that explains why I thought it up.
It’s really easy to make too. You start with a package of ice cream sandwiches. These get layered with peanut butter and raspberry jam. Then frost the whole thing in Cool Whip. I love a recipe that’s assembly-only.
If you need to make a dessert ahead of time, this one is perfect. It gets stored in the freezer and tastes even better after a few days frozen.
Here’s what you’ll need to make it:
- 12 ice cream sandwiches
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 8 oz Cool Whip, thawed
- Place 4 ice cream sandwiches on a serving dish or a piece of foil.
- Spread 1/2 cup peanut butter over the top.
- Spread 1/4 cup jam over peanut butter.
- Layer 4 more ice cream sandwiches on top and repeat peanut butter and jelly layers.
- End with a final layer of 4 ice cream sandwiches.
- Frost with Cool Whip.
- Store in the freezer.