Brownies with Chocolate Glaze

The picture doesn’t do these brownies justice. They are deep chocolate. The glaze is smooth and creamy – a perfect pairing with the brownie.

The brownie recipe is Baker’s One Bowl brownie. You’ll need:

4 squares of Baker’s unsweetened chocolate
1 1/2 sticks of butter
2 cups sugar
3 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup flour
1 cup nuts (optional) I leave out the nuts so that my kids will be happy

Melt the chocolate and butter together in the microwave for two minutes. Stir until completely melted. Add the sugar and blend well. Mix in the eggs one at time. Add the vanilla. Add in the flour and nuts, if you’re using them. Stir just until blended. Pour into a greased 9×13 pan and bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 min. Don’t over bake.

While the brownies are cooling, make the chocolate glaze. This recipe comes from my mom. You’ll need:

1 square unsweetened chocolate
3 Tbs. butter
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
2-3 Tbs. water (use 2 first and add more if needed)

Melt the chocolate and butter together. Remove from heat and add the other ingredients, being careful not to add too much water. Spread on the brownies and restrain yourself from eating the whole pan.

Comments

1. Oh, yes, brownies are always an excellent choice. These look delicious!! Love the glaze.

2. Midlife, menopause, mistakes and random stuff... says:

I’ve been using that recipe forever….isn’t it the best brownie recipe ever?
    I wish I had one right now :)

Steady On
    Reggie Girl

3. I LOVE brownies, especially when they’re frosted. These look so good.

4. Erin, Nick and Merrick says:

mmmmmmmmmmm- brownies.
    Not usually a big fan of frosted ones, but these look awesome.

5. Mommy's Kitchen says:

Oh man I could take a bite right out of that brownie. I love homemade brownies.

6. Eating the whole pan? I would have eaten the whole bowl of batter.

7. Ryan Ashley Scott@Optimistic Cynicism says:

I am tempted to take a bite out of my screen. Those look yummy.

8. Small House says:

Oh how I wish you would never have shared the recipe. BUT…I can’t wait to eat them!
    Have a great day.
    Sandra

9. Would you mind mailing one to me so I could taste it first before I make the repipe? I’m just not sure about it.

I’ll need a REALLY big piece to make my decision. (ahem).

10. Mommy of M's says:

These look great!! I’ll have to add this to my list to try.

Do you have a recipe for ‘soft’ pretzels? It seems like something you have, and I’ve been wanting to try to make them.

11. Mommy of M’s – I actually do have a soft pretzel recipe I’ve been wanting to try. Maybe one of these days soon! I’ll share it whenever I try it.

12. I’m so glad you visited my blog, so I could find yours! I LOVE finding and trying new recipes to add to my collection! I will be coming back regularly!

13. Yum, yum , yum, and furthermore, yum.

14. Melissa, Multi-Tasking Mama says:

Those look great! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

15. Jill (Sneaky Momma) says:

Looks yummy! I love the one bowl concept, too.

16. They look so good!

17. tara @ kidz says:

Mmmmm my mouth truly started watering, so they must be good. Thanks!

18. 5 Star Foodie says:

Yummy brownies!

19. Follow Wenda!

20. Wenda is here!

21. Brownies are my weakness…

1. […] Cooker Round Steak with Vegetable Gravy, Roasted Potatoes, Carrots, Parsnips Slow Cooker Beans Brownies with Chocolate Glaze Traditional Meal Plan – Week of January 27 Crockpot Cantonese Sweet and Sour Chicken […]