Green Chile Chicken Casserole
A little twist on the classic chicken casserole. Green chiles, sour cream and buttery crackers make this the ultimate comfort food!
- 2 lbs. 6 cups chicken, cooked, shredded & seasoned if not using Rotisserie chicken*
- 1 can cream of chicken soup or homemade equivalent
- 1 can green chiles add more for stonger green chile flavor
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 sleeve Ritz or equivalent crackers, crushed
- 1/2-1 cup Mexican blend cheese optional
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- *I used salt pepper, and just a sprinkle of cumin and chili powder
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9 x 13 casserole dish lightly with cooking spray.
Add chicken to the casserole dish in an even layer.
In a mixing bowl, combine the cream of chicken, green chiles, chicken broth and sour cream.
Pour mixture over chicken.
Top with cheese if desired.
Sprinkle crushed crackers evenly over casserole.
Pour melted butter over the crackers.
Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes.