This dish is a light, healthy. and super flavorful meal.
It’s also quick to put together, for those evenings where time is an issue, but you want to have a healthy dinner.
Feel free to vary the vegetables to fit what you have on hand.
Mushroom and Asparagus Pasta
- 16 oz whole wheat bowtie pasta
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1 onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- 8 oz baby bella mushrooms sliced
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 bunch asparagus cut in 2" pieces
- 2 cups cherry or grape tomatoes halved
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 handful fresh basil chopped (about 1 Tbsp.)
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions.
- While that boils, heat the olive oil in a large skillet and cook the onion and garlic until the onion is soft.
- Add the mushrooms and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add the bell pepper, asparagus and tomatoes to the skillet and cook until the asparagus is tender crisp.
- Drain the pasta and combine with the vegetables. Season with salt and pepper and top with fresh basil.