If you have been around my blog for long, you know how much I love Tex-Mex. I love the flavors, the spice and how many easy options there are for Mexican style food in the slow cooker. Needless to say, Tex-Mex slow cooker recipes make a frequent appearance on our dinner table.
One of the most popular recipes on the site is the slow cooker fajitas. They require minimal prep time, so you can get them into the slow cooker quickly. And the slow cooking melds the flavors beautifully. Plus, making them in the slow cooker means it’s an easy choice when feeding a crowd!
I love that both beef and chicken are so freezer friendly. That means you can prep them in batches and easily grab one for the slow cooker in the morning! As far as freezer friendly foods go, shredded taco beef is a huge time-saver for me. I make up a big batch, and freeze the leftovers for later. Super easy, and there are so many meals you can make using taco meat as a base.
And speaking of tacos! My kids love tacos because they can build their own. While there are hundreds of recipes out there for delicious Tex-Mex food in the slow cooker, here are 12 of the go-to family favorites at our house. Enjoy!
21 Tex-Mex Slow Cooker Recipes
- Salsa Verde Steak is a delicious and easy recipe adapted from The Ungourmet
- These Beef Fajitas look pretty all prepped in the crockpot and they taste even better after cooking all day.
- Smoky Chipotle Chicken Tacos – when every word in the name of a recipe makes your mouth water, then you know dinner’s going to be good!
- Black Bean and Salsa Chicken and Cornbread combines all the yumminess of Tex-Mex in one slow cooker. Easy prep, easy cleanup, perfect dinner!
- Creamy Jalapeno Chicken Tacos are a creamy twist on the classic taco with a little kick.
- Sloppy Chicken Tacos is another Tex-Mex Chicken recipe served the way a taco should always be … slightly sloppy!
- Chicken Fajitas are a quick and tasty weeknight dinner to toss in the slow cooker before you start your day and they’re ready for dinner whenever you are!
- The picture and short ingredient list don’t really require an explanation for these tasty Pork Carnitas
- Beans are so easy to make ahead and pull out on those crazy nights when you need a quick dinner at home. You’ll find all the details for cooking them ahead and freezing for later in this post.
From other Bloggers
These pictures are from the original blogs and, be warned, you may feel more than slightly hungry after perusing the delightful slow cooker Tex-Mex ideas below …
- Layer upon layer of tortillas and enchilada fixin’s make these Slow Cooker Enchiladas from Pocket Change Gourmet a wonderful dinner to come home to at the end of the day!
- Tamales, in a casserole, in the crock pot? Brilliant! Thanks to Lynn at Lynn’s Kitchen Adventures for sharing her Tamale Casserole recipe!
- Kalyn over at Kalyn’s Kitchen has shared this recipe for her uber-healthy and scrumptious Green Chili Shredded Beef Bowls.
- Cumin Pork Roast and Beans are the foundation of this delightful slow cooker creation from $5 Dinners and tastes wonderful rolled up in a tortilla or served over a bed of lettuce.
- These Carnitas and Paleo Nachos from Annie at Worthy Pause are tasty, paleo and made in a slow cooker. It’s pretty much the trifecta of healthy dinners!
- If you’ve never had a taco stuffed with pulled pork and Mexican slaw, then you’ll want to try this Pulled Pork and Mexican Slaw recipe from Lynn’s Kitchen Adventures.
- Shredded Pork Tostadas are like a shredded pork taco all dressed up and ready to impress. This recipe from the sisters over at Favorite Family Recipes is perfect for the slow cooker.
- This Cowboy Casserole from Family Fresh Meals combines everyone’s favorites – potatoes, beef, beans, corn and cheese into one “so-good-it-won’t-last-long” easy prep, easy clean-up meal.
- If you’ve never tasted Brazilian Feijoada Pork and Black Beans, then let me suggest that you add this dinner from Mel’s Kitchen Cafe to this week’s menu and shopping list. Fejoida has an amazing flavor profile that you’ll want to come back to time and again!
- Cilantro Lime Fish Tacos in the crockpot? Yes please! Thank you to Katie from Fun Home Things for sharing this one on her blog!
- Vegetarian Fajitas from Jessica at The Pieper Life are a wonderful option for an easy meatless meal, and it freezes well so you can eat half tonight and save the other half for another day. Yay!
- Vegetarian Taco Dip from Pocket Change Gourmet is scrumptious with tortilla chips, or on a bed of lettuce for a fresh salad.
- Deborah over at Taste and Tell Blog has answered the question of how to bundle the goodness of a tamale into a meatball in these Tamale Balls. And the answer is delicious!