It’s true. You can take 2 ingredients and make a fabulous pie. Well, technically, with the graham cracker crust it’s 3 ingredients, but seriously, this is so easy and delicious.
This is an easy pie that would make a great addition to Easter dinner too.
- ½ cup fresh Meyer Lemon juice (can also use regular lemon juice)
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk (I use fat free)
- 1 graham cracker crust or 6 mini crusts
- Squeeze lemon juice (through a strainer to catch the seeds) until you have ½ cup.
- Pour into a bowl with 1 can sweetened condensed milk.
- Mix to combine.
- Place lemon/milk filling into pie crust.
- Refrigerate until cooled & thickened.
I made mini pies for portion control purposes! The filling is a sweet and tart, creamy, custard-y type and can be topped with meringue or whipped topping. I prefer mine plain, but my mom always adds meringue (which I don’t like and when I was young, would always take it off and it would drive her bonkers What are kids for?!)
With Meyer Lemons in season, it’s a great time to whip one of these pies up. It takes no time at all, and the burst of citrus is exactly the thing for breaking through those winter doldrums! (For lots more citrus recipes, check out the recent Ingredient Spotlight: Citrus)