I created this salad for a potluck dinner last week. The combination of the berries, greens, cheese, and onion with the raspberry vinaigrette dressing was very good. Strawberries dress up everything, don’t you think?
I wish I could say that I was able to make this with strawberries from our garden. Or anyone else’s garden, for that matter. Instead I just used grocery store strawberries. The results still caused me to eat two helpings. Summer food at it’s best.
These fruit cups are part of our Christmas breakfast. They’re great because you can make them ahead of time and the recipe makes a lot.
Gather up your ingredients:
Frozen Fruit Cups
- 1 can 12 oz frozen pineapple juice concentrate, thawed
- orange juice 2 juice cans full
- water 1 juice can full
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 medium firm bananas sliced
- 16 oz frozen sliced, sweetened strawberries
- 1 can 15 oz mandarin oranges
- 1 can 20 oz crushed pineapple
- clear plastic cups
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Ladle into the cups and freeze. I place all the cups on a cookie sheet to keep them upright in the freezer.
- To serve, set them out of the freezer for 40-50 minutes or defrost them a bit in the microwave. Feel free to substitute ingredients as you like.