These Instant Pot Chicken Fajitas are destined to be just as popular as the slow cooker version, which have been a favorite in my kitchen and in the kitchens of thousands of Eat at Home readers.
They couldn’t be easier to make. The Instant Pot version starts with still frozen chicken, adds onions and bell peppers along with a can of diced tomatoes with green chilies. Not needing to thaw the chicken first makes these super simple to make and it means you don’t have to plan ahead for dinner.
With just 5 minutes of hands-on time to get these in the Instant Pot and only 12 minutes of cooking time (plus a few minutes for the pot to come to pressure), this recipe is a perfect weeknight dinner.
We usually wrap the chicken fajita filling in soft taco shells, adding cheese, sour cream and other fixings. But it also makes great nachos. Or try serving it over rice.
Using the Instant Pot makes the whole process quick. You can have the entire meal done in about 30 minutes and that includes putting the ingredients in the pot, allowing time for it to come to pressure and to cook.
If you prefer less juice in your fajita meat, then you can use a mesh strainer when cooking your fajita meat. Check out my 10 Best Instant Pot Accessories post for information about that and other great tools to use with your Instapot.
Instant Pot Chicken Fajitas (with a slow cooker option)
- 2 lbs. frozen boneless chicken tenders
- 3 Peppers Green, Red, and Yellow, sliced
- 1 Onion sliced
- 1 can Red Gold Petite Diced Tomatoes with Green Chilies
- 1 Package of Taco Seasoning
- Flour or corn tortillas
- Toppings – sour cream cheese, guacamole, etc.
- Put frozen chicken tenders in pot.
- Add peppers and onions and pour tomatoes over the top.
- Sprinkle taco seasoning over everything.
- Seal the lid and set the cook time to 12 minutes. Do a quick pressure release.
- Serve in tortillas with toppings.
New to using your Instant Pot or looking for more recipes? Sign up for FREE Instant Pot School. You’ll learn to really use your new appliance and get a lot of recipes too.