Easy, versatile and delicious!
This simple and quick meal has become a regular on our table lately. Most of the ingredients are pantry staples.
While the recipe calls for broccoli and bell pepper, you could potentially add other veggies based on what you like and what you have on hand. Julienned carrot or maybe some snow peas would go great with these noodles. Don’t worry about the sriacha making the noodles too spicy. The peanut butter really helps to mellow it, but you can always use less (or more, if you like it spicy).
Peanut Noodle Bowls
- 16 oz brown rice noodles or whole-grain spaghetti
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 2 Tbs fresh grated ginger
- 6 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 1/3 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar or white vinegar
- 1/4 cup tamari
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tsp sriacha
- 1 red bell pepper cut in thin strips
- 1 bunch green onions diced
- 2 Tbs sesame seeds toasted, optional
- Cook the noodles according to the package directions
- . Steam the broccoli until tender.
- Stir together the ginger, garlic, peanut butter, vinegar, tamari, maple syrup and sriracha in a saucepan. Warm over medium heat until hot through.
- To serve, toss drained noodles with broccoli, red bell pepper and peanut sauce. Garnish with green onions and sesame seeds.