This post is from Kate. I love having Kate share her recipes here with us!
The closer we get to summer, the more weddings, birthdays and other parties we end up going to. This year, our celebrating season kicked off with one of my best friends getting married. The ceremony was in the evening so I volunteered to put together lunch for the bridal party to munch on while getting ready – and these sweet treats capped off the meal.
Krispie treats have been a favorite around here lately. They’re quick and easy enough that I can throw them together during nap time and I’ve been finding the basic recipe is really easy to switch up to keep things from being too routine. For this one, I used flavored marshmallows and mixed in some chocolate chips. The result is a cross between a chocolate covered strawberry and a krispie treat – so good!
To get these started, you only need four ingredients. they couldn’t be easier!
Strawberry Chocolate Chip Krispie Treats
- 4 Tbsp. butter
- 12 oz. strawberry-flavored marshmallows
- 6 cups crisped rice cereal
- 1 1/4 semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Grease a 9x13" pan well and set aside.
- In a large pot, melt the butter oven medium heat. Add the marshmallows and stir until smooth and melted. Stir in crisped rice cereal.
- Remove from heat, fold in chocolate chips and then transfer to the prepared pan. Using a greased spatula, pat down evenly.
- Let cool completely before cutting into squares. Store in an airtight container.
Kate is a home cook and new mom from New Jersey. In addition to sharing recipes with Eat at Home readers, she blogs her cooking adventures at Kate’s Recipe Box. When she’s not in the kitchen, you can find her reading or tending to her garden.